MY Clean Beach Policy for Offline, Online and Electronic use
Effective Date: June 2021
1. Contact details
2. MY Clean Beach’s Mission Purpose and legitimate Interests
3. What information we collect
4. No collection of special data
5. Credit card information
6. How we collect information?
7. How we disclose and share Information
8. How to access, correct, and modify information
9. How to stop receiving communications from MY Clean Beach
10. Children’s information
11. Security measures
12. Links to third party sites and social media platforms
13. International access, cross-border data transfers, and data storage
2. MY Clean Beach’s Mission Purpose; Legitimate Interests
MY Clean Beach’s mission is to work with its supporters and members to protect the ocean from today’s greatest global challenges. Together, we create solutions for a healthy ocean and the wildlife and communities that depend on it. As such, any information we collect serves to further our mission, including but not limited to the following:
- To send you information about MY Clean Beach or MY Clean Beach partners.
- To personalize your interactions with MY Clean Beach, such as to customize your web and email content based on your interests, send you requests to participate events in your area and otherwise target content and communications to you.
- To respond to inquiries and fulfil your requests, such as to process donations, renew your membership or send you information about a project, as well as to provide membership services.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Sites and changes to the terms, conditions and policies.
- To allow you to participate in contests, and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- For our internal purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and services, enhancing, improving or modifying the Sites, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our activities.
3. What Information We Collect
When you visit the Sites, MY Clean Beach, including its service providers and data processors (collectively referred as “We”, “Us”, or “MY Clean Beach”) may collect personal information that you provide, such as your name, address, email address and payment information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person.
In addition, we use a variety of techniques to gather other information about your use of the Sites, including, among other things, your IP address, browser type, mobile device type, content visited while on the Sites and the duration of your visit to the Sites. “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual.
4. No Collection of Special Data
It is our policy not to collect any special categories of personal data such as personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, genetic data, etc.
5. Credit Card Information
MY Clean Beach does not disclose credit card information provided by donors or other customers. When you choose to pay using your credit cards, MY Clean Beach submits the information needed to the appropriate clearinghouse through secure sites to conduct the transactions.
6. How We Collect Information
Personal Information That You Voluntarily Provide to Us
You can access some areas of the Site without submitting any Personal Information to us. However, if you wish to access additional content or participate in some of our activities, we may ask that you provide Personal Information., including the following purposes:
• when you fill out forms on the Sites, including, for example, e-newsletter sign-up forms, donation forms, surveys and advocacy action alerts.
• When you sign up to participate in our events or programs
7. Information Received from Other Sources
We may supplement the information we collect from you with information we collect from and about you from other online and offline sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms. For example, if you choose to connect your social media account to your Site account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us. This may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
Automatically Collected Data
As you interact with our Site, we may collect other Information in a variety of ways, including:
1. We use “cookies” to help us monitor traffic and collect information about use of the Sites. Cookies are pieces of data placed on your device when you visit the Sites that help us recognize you when you come back to the Sites, allowing us, for instance, to remember the email address and password you use when you log in on a specific computer. MY Clean Beach uses the aggregated information collected from cookies to measure the number of visits to the Sites, the average time spent on the Sites, the identity and number of pages viewed, and to gather other traffic data and information that allows us to improve the Sites. We also use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience while using the Sites. Cookies further allow us to select which of our content is most likely to appeal to you and display it while you are on the Sites.
2. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, if the user declines the attachment of any cookie, the user may not have access to the full benefits of the website.
4. MY Clean Beach also uses a variety of third-party web and mobile app analytics and optimization services to improve the Sites and enhance the visitor experience. For examples, the Sites use web analytics services that may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, text you type in the Sites, and similar activity. The Sites do not use these services to collect any personally identifiable information not otherwise provided by you in using the Sites, and they do not track your browsing habits across other third-party websites on our behalf.
7. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Sites and other websites, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Sites and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice and to learn about your choices in connection with it, please visit https://optout.networkadvertising.org/ – !/and https://www.aboutads.info/.
8. We may use pixel tags and other similar technologies to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Sites, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about use of the Sites and response rates.
9. We may use Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”) and other similar technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Sites. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Paneland following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Sites or our online content.
10. Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language and Internet browser type and version.
11. We may collect your IP address, which is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is a common practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems and administering the Sites.
12. When you download and use our mobile applications (each, an “App”), we may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
13. We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content.
14. Information that you provide, such as your preferred means of communication, does not personally identify you unless it is combined with your Personal Information.
15. We may aggregate Personal Information. Aggregated information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How to Manage Automatically Collected Information
1. Set your web browser to inform you of when cookies are being set before a cookie is stored and refuse any request to set cookies, and do not accept cookies from MY Clean Beach. Erase all MY Clean Beach cookies from your hard drive.
2. Do not provide your information when prompted by the Sites.
Please note, however, that if you choose to reject or erase cookies, your ability to navigate the Sites may be limited. Further, in the event you choose not to share information, MY Clean Beach will be unable to respond to your request for MY Clean Beach information, enter you in any sweepstakes or contests, facilitate your actions via MY Clean Beach alerts or potential e-cards.
8. How We Disclose and Share Information
It is our policy not to share, disclose, or sell information to any third party for their promotional use or for marketing purposes not relevant to MY Clean Beach’s mission purpose. We may disclose and share information we collect as follows:
1. To our partners for collaboration projects in furtherance of our mission purposes
2. To our approved vendors (including their service providers and data processors) to provide information that may be of interests to you.
3. To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services.
4. To selected nonprofit organizations whose mission purposes and activities align with us that may be of interests to you.
5. To third-party sponsors of contests and similar promotions.
6. By you, through blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to users of the Sites and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Sites.
8. To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our operations, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
9. We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
10. We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
9. How to Stop Receiving Communications from MY Clean Beach
If you would like to opt-out of receiving content from MY Clean Beach, you can:
1. Take the opportunity to opt-out in links on the bottom of marketing email MY Clean Beach sends to you.
2. Email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Children’s Information
MY Clean Beach does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. The Sites are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that MY Clean Beach learns that it has collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete the personal data. If you believe that we might have collected any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us.
11. Security Measures
Our Sites have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under MY Clean Beach’s control. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) as part of the purchase process, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
When you submit information to MY Clean Beach through our Sites , you should be aware that your information is transmitted across the Internet and that no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we take reasonable security measures to protect your information when we receive it, you also need to ensure you take appropriate steps to protect your information.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us by contacting email@example.com
12. Links to Third-Party Sites and Social Media Platforms
13. International Access, Cross-Border Data Transfers, and Data Storage
Our principle place of business is in the Malaysia. If you are visiting or accessing our Sites form outside the Malaysia, your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the Malaysia where our servers are located and where we are based. You agree to such cross-border transfers of Personal Information. The Sites are controlled and operated by us from the Malaysia and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the Malaysia.